Friday, August 20, 2010

bread and salad

August 20, 2010

Two in one week?!?!? Shocker I know! Well I'm actually excited because I made something today, and it wasn't a veggie dog in the microwave, like legit went out and bought ingredients!

Let me explain my motivation behind this... haha. So my cousin is visiting from Calgary with his family this week, and after meeting up with them this morning for the parade they invited me to dinner tonight out at their cabin, well of course I couldn't go empty-handed so I thought of my favorite pot-luck dish, which also happens to be my mama's favorite dish to take too! (Where do you think the recipe came from?)

And yes, I am aware that I already have a pasta salad on my blog, but this one's mamas specialty! and I apologize now for sharing the super secret (easy) recipe!

Ingredients:
  • Fusilli
  • One whole red pepper
  • olive oil
  • pepper
  • cherry tomatoes (my own addition)
  • Crumbly feta cheese

Okay to start I boiled off a box and a half of rainbow fusilli and let that cool down a touch then I sauteed the pepper in olive oil until just tender and put some fresh ground pepper on that.
Then sliced all the cherry tomatoes in half tossed it all in with the pasta and crumbled cheese over it all. Done!

So I also decided to take some garlic bread and my hand was hovering over the pre-made one at sobey's but I grabbed a loaf of french bread and did it myself.
To make the garlic butter I took 4 or 5 cloves of garlic threw them in the magic bullet with a cup of butter and bam! Garlic butter. Then, smear it all over the bread and pop in the oven and broil it until it's golden!

And that's all I have for you today, hopefully this makes up for my 2 weeks of silence. Hehe

In other news... 5 SHIFTS LEFT!!!!

1 comment:

  1. 3rd time (is it the charm?)

    This is actually Shauna's recipe. This goes all the way back to your kindergarten days :)

    ReplyDelete