Saturday, May 15, 2010

pasta salad.. if you can call it that ;)

Gooood afternoon,

So as promised I'm keeping up with this blog and I figured I would share with you my -interesting- supper that I threw together today.

So I guess you could call it a pasta salad, it included pasta anyways! So I'll give a quick run down of the ingredients first.
  • Rainbow Fussili pasta
  • Baby eggplant (canadian grown)
  • Red Pepper
  • Vine tomatoes (canadian grown)
  • Garlic
  • Spinach
  • Olive oil
  • Chili flakes
  • Goat cheese
  • Balsamic Vinegar
Okay so now for some steps:
  1. Put water on to boil, and remember always salt it! The a couple drizzles of olive oil in an already preheated frying pan. I then threw in some chopped pepper and eggplant and 1 clove of garlic just roughly chopped and sauteed those bad boys up. And not for too long either, I didn't want to brown them, just soften them up some. (ps this is all on medium heat)
  2. I dumped the remainder of the pasta in the box into the boiling water and simmered that for 7 minutes. I was pretty upset when I realized I had maybe 1/4 cup of pasta left to cook tonight, so it got bulked up with all the veggies instead!
  3. In with the veg I dumped.. I would say about a cup and a half of spinach, then turned the heat off all together. It wilted down in no time and then I added a handful of chili flakes some s+p and chopped tomato.
  4. When the pasta was al dente I strained off the water, dumped the pasta into the veggies, mixed that up, then crumbled some goat cheese over top, and finished with a light drizzle of balsamic. Ta-Da!
Okay, so that was supper tonight, it sounds a little like leftover soup, but it actually turned out alright! All the flavors I threw in there easily complimented each other, and it was a healthy alternative to a rich mayo based pasta salad that's for sure.

If I were to make it again... I would maybe use a salty feta or mozzarella over goat cheese. Also maybe chop y garlic a little smaller, biting into a chunk was not the highlight of my meal, haha, but it wasn't too bad seeing as it had the chance to cook off a bit with the eggplant and peppers.

Anyways, that's all the foodie blogging I have for today, onto current events. I got a job.. at the grocery store... not too sure how I'm feeling about that one still. Maybe holding out for something else? is that awful. Anyways another quick rant-y moment.. It drives me CRAZY when people have massive discussion/arguments in a status update on facebook. Okay seriously, seriously? It's just a bit of an annoyance right now. Like what is chat, inbox, heck wall-to-wall for? status updates... little juvenile.

Okay, I'm done now. I've got quite a sore throat today so I think it might be time for me to have some juice and snuggle down with the cat for a nap. Talk soon!

Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment