So as promised I'm keeping up with this blog and I figured I would share with you my -interesting- supper that I threw together today.
So I guess you could call it a pasta salad, it included pasta anyways! So I'll give a quick run down of the ingredients first.
- Rainbow Fussili pasta
- Baby eggplant (canadian grown)
- Red Pepper
- Vine tomatoes (canadian grown)
- Olive oil
- Chili flakes
- Goat cheese
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Put water on to boil, and remember always salt it! The a couple drizzles of olive oil in an already preheated frying pan. I then threw in some chopped pepper and eggplant and 1 clove of garlic just roughly chopped and sauteed those bad boys up. And not for too long either, I didn't want to brown them, just soften them up some. (ps this is all on medium heat)
- I dumped the remainder of the pasta in the box into the boiling water and simmered that for 7 minutes. I was pretty upset when I realized I had maybe 1/4 cup of pasta left to cook tonight, so it got bulked up with all the veggies instead!
- In with the veg I dumped.. I would say about a cup and a half of spinach, then turned the heat off all together. It wilted down in no time and then I added a handful of chili flakes some s+p and chopped tomato.
- When the pasta was al dente I strained off the water, dumped the pasta into the veggies, mixed that up, then crumbled some goat cheese over top, and finished with a light drizzle of balsamic. Ta-Da!
If I were to make it again... I would maybe use a salty feta or mozzarella over goat cheese. Also maybe chop y garlic a little smaller, biting into a chunk was not the highlight of my meal, haha, but it wasn't too bad seeing as it had the chance to cook off a bit with the eggplant and peppers.
Anyways, that's all the foodie blogging I have for today, onto current events. I got a job.. at the grocery store... not too sure how I'm feeling about that one still. Maybe holding out for something else? is that awful. Anyways another quick rant-y moment.. It drives me CRAZY when people have massive discussion/arguments in a status update on facebook. Okay seriously, seriously? It's just a bit of an annoyance right now. Like what is chat, inbox, heck wall-to-wall for? status updates... little juvenile.
Okay, I'm done now. I've got quite a sore throat today so I think it might be time for me to have some juice and snuggle down with the cat for a nap. Talk soon!